The ginger dressing on the house salad is one of the things I look forward to when going for sushi or Hibachi table.
This recipe comes really close to giving me the flavor that I crave from the restaurant. Use it on a salad or as a marinade for chicken, pork or other meats and veggie dishes.
- 4 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Grate fresh ginger (or use grocery store tube), chop onion and garlic.
- Combine white vinegar, oil, soy sauce, and fresh lemon juice.
- Place all ingredients in food processor and pulse or puree for about one minute until a chunky texture is achieved.
- Store in a sealed container and refrigerate.