Here is another recipe where I get choked-up (pardon the artichoke humor) when I think of making this with my dear sister, April. She was a great cook and we always shared recipe with each other.
This is not a fancy dip — probably just like one you may make — but I have listed a couple of variations at the end with which you may want to experiment.
- 2 cans of artichoke hearts, drained, squeeze dry, rough chop
- 1 1/2 C mayonnaise
- 10 oz. fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- garlic powder to taste
- bread crumbs for topping
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a medium casserole or baking dish by spraying with cooking spray.
Combine ingredients and pour into prepared baking dish. Top with bread crumbs.
Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes until the mixture is browned and bubbly.
- Try adding shrimp or crab
- May also add 1 10oz box of frozen spinach, microwaved for 5 minutes, drained and squeezed dry
- May use part sour cream in lieu of part of the mayonnaise
- Make your own fresh bread crumbs with leftover bread, finely diced, and tossed with melted butter