This was an unexpected combination of flavors I ran into on a buffet, so I came home to re-create it. Here are the guidelines — you adjust the proportions to suit your taste!
- Roasted or cooked sweet potato cubes
- Roasted or cooked zucchini squash, cubed
- Red bell pepper, cut into ½ inch cubes
- Chopped fresh herbs: parsley (add chives?)
- Vinaigrette dressing
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
Roast or sauté cubed sweet potatoes and zucchini squash cubes. Add cubed red bell pepper (chopped into square pieces about ½ the size of the sweet potato cubes), chopped fresh green herbs, such as parsley and chopped chives, if desired, and toss with vinaigrette to combine. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature.