Another fond memory of my dear sister, April — this is her recipe. I miss her so much, and not a day goes by that I don’t think of her. I would always look forward to when she made this for an appetizer!
I remember making this for the first time myself — I had to call her for the recipe. Anyone who knew April knows that talking on the phone was a major part of her life (and yours). I still have my hand-written notes of the ingredients that she read to me on that phone call 🙂
- 2 cans of artichoke hearts, drained, squeeze dry, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 C mayonnaise
- 2 5oz. packages fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- garlic powder to taste
- bread crumbs for topping
Prepare a baking dish with cooking spray. Combine all ingredients (except bread crumbs) and pour into prepared baking dish. Top with bread crumbs and bake at 350 for 30 minutes until bubbly and slightly browned on top.
April always made it according to the recipe above, but here are a few variations I have tried:
- may add (small or chopped) shrimp — or crab meat
- may also add 1 10oz box of frozen spinach, microwaved for 5 minutes, drained and squeezed dry
- may use part sour cream in lieu of part of the mayonnaise